Friday 2 May 2014

Pitch

For my music magazine I plan to make an acoustic style magazine because I enjoy this type of music and I think this type of music is big at the moment which will make my magazine more popular and will sell more.  I will also be able to research this genre of music as bands like Ed Sheeran are in the media a lot at the moment. I think I have the potential to appeal to a very big group of people as both men and woman seem to enjoy acoustic music equally. I can also appeal to a wide range of ages  as this type of music does not seem too kiddy or old. I think a 27 year can enjoy Ed Sheeran as much as a 18 year old. This means some people might still want to buy and read my magazine even if they are not in my specific target audience of 16 to 19 year olds.
Also these songs are easy to cover so it would be nice to watch different covers of acoustic songs by different people because they have different styles. If I was to really create this magazine as a business I would link it with an online website and I would regularly update the website, this would make my brand seem exciting and fashionable because we would seem like we are up to date with everything. This would make my print magazine and the magazine website more popular and interactive.
 My target audience is older teenagers (16 to 19). My readers will be interested in this music because this music relates a lot to teenagers. I also asked around school to see if my classmates where enjoying this type of music right now and they agreed. I plan to speak to my class mates a lot through this project because their feedback and opinions will help me check that my ideas are good. They can also tell me what they like and that might give me new ideas.
I am inspired by the music magazine NME because they don’t cover much mainstream music NME is a lot more indie and my magazine is acoustic. These are different but I could not find an existing magazine on the market that is just about acoustic music.  I think this will make my magazine more popular as it will stand out and it is my USP. I researched Ed Sheeran  on Wikipedia and his music is described as nu folk. When I have looked at folk magazines they have been aimed at older people and have cover traditional older folk music. This wouldn’t appeal to my target audience but NME would, this is why NME has inspired most of my ideas.
My magazine has many features in it such as a live section and an interview with Mumford and sons about when they won a Brit award and how they are getting on. We also have an article that 17 year old teenager girl wrote for us on when she went to see Ed Sheeran live. I think this is a good selling point because the target audience can relate to a 17 year old writer more. I would also like to give my audience the chance to write in the magazine as well so I would run a competition were people could write about concerts they had seen.

 We also have silly articles like acoustic pie off. We get all our acoustic singers to see how many pies they can eat without being sick, that is a two page article. I would include this because it seems funny and light hearted, silly things appeal to teenagers. This will also give celebrities the chance to appeal more normal, this will help increase their popularity as it will show fans that they are not always posing.  We also have Karaoke hall of shame we find the worst covers of songs and list them up from that week/month. This is another example of a feature that will make my magazine seem fun and lively.

I’d like to launch my brand by festivals because a lot of older teenagers male and female go to a lot of festivals in the summer. I would also like to post my magazine on billboards and on its website because most teenagers see billboards everyday and they use the internet nearly everyday it also makes it more interactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment