Friday 2 May 2014

My Images

Last year my cover had a picture of a record on it but the picture was pixelated. I thought that this was a good idea because records make you think of older people and the vintage style that a lot of acoustic artists try to recreate. I thought the pixels added a good twist as it made the magazine seem more modern and like it was moving, I think this represented the way that music moves.  Even though I liked this cover I decided to change it as I held a focus group and all 10 people in my focus group said they would not buy a magazine with a record on it. They said the record put them off because they said the record would make them assume it is for an older audience. 
The inside pages of my magazine were pictures I had taken at an Ed Sheeran concert. I wanted to use these pictures because I wanted my article to be about him. These pictures were also criticised by my focus group because they were taken from too far away and you couldn’t see his face properly.  People in my focus group said they didn’t look professional, I think it is because these pictures did not follow conventions.  Because of this feedback I decided to start again and take all new pictures.

















This is a close up shot, I took this because most magazines normally include medium or close up shots.  I decided to make the image looked different and unique by playing with scarf. I decided not to use it because I felt it look too strange.

I used the double image app on the schools IPAD because I wanted to experiment with different effects and create some images that were interesting but not boring. I like this picture but it was too blurred to use. The blurred makes it seem unprofessional.










I decided to take this picture because I thought it could work on the cover I thought the effect around the outside would give me space to insert anchorage and headlines. But I do not like it as I am not in thwe centre of the image and I think the hand and arm are distracting as they are too distorted.
When I took this picture I was trying to pose in a natural but silly way. This is how Ed Sheeran poses in a lot of his pictures. I decided I couldn’t use this picture because of the background, you can see that it is shot in a classroom and that looks unprofessional and it doesn’t fit in with the mise-en scene real magazines use.

My favourite images are the two below. I like these because they follow the conventions of magazine covers ie they are head and shoulder shots and it is of an artist/singer/band. It also follows the conventions of my genre of music as my clothing is casual and my pose is not overly posed or stylised. I decided to edit these pictures so the colour seemed no naturalistic.  I think this makes my magazine look more attractive and original. I also think these colours will attract my target audience of young people as they will see how bright it is from across the shop and want to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment