Friday 2 May 2014

Target audience


· Female and Male
·         16-19
·         Lively
·         Very sociable
·         Shop at Topshop and Topman
·         Buys 2 music magazines each month
·         Buys albums and singles
·         Very into new music
·         Interested in vintage styles
·         Interested in acoustic music

I will make my magazine suitable for 16-19 year olds. I have picked this age group as I will know more about them because I am that age. It also means it will be easy for me to get feedback, hold focus groups and give out questionnaires because all of the people in my 6 form fit in with this group.  I will make my magazine young but also mature. I will do this by using colourful images and featuring artists, like Ed Sheeran ,that are popular with young people.  This is because acoustic music is normally listened to by people at parties or people who are getting together to socialize. This is something that older teenagers tend to do more than 13 or 14 years might do, so the magazine will appeal much more to the 16- 19 age group.   I have also got lots of style and design ideas from reading NME. This is a magazine that is mostly read by 16 – 25 year old so it means the look of my product will instantly appeal to them more. I wanted to aim my magazine at both men and woman because it will widen my target audience and make my chance of success greater. I also go to a mixed six form so I can get feedback from both boys and girls.

 I imagine that my average reader is very fun and lively so I’ll make the magazine very chatty and sociable so the readers can feel like they are involved with the magazine.  I will also do this by including competitions and links to the magazine’s website,  twitter page and facebook page. I’ll advertises  shops like Topman and Topshop and new albums and singles because I imagine that my typical reader will be fashionable and interested in new things. Because of this my magazine will come out weekly so it will seem up to date, I will also make sure that the pictures include people in casual but fashionable clothes.

I will also try and make my magazine seem quite light hearted so I will use jokey and chatty language. I will also try and write jokey attention grabbing headlines so the magazine doesn’t seem too boring or serious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment