Friday 2 May 2014

Synergy


Synergy means “working together” in Media synergy is the way different magazines try and make a link with different products and pages. It is like branding as certain colours or images can be used to remind us of a certain magazine and make us realise they work together and are part of the same thing.

I have looked at NME and I have realised they use synergy as the logo is used on both the cover and contents page. This keeps reminding the audience of what they are reading.  They also use the red, white and black colour scheme on also every page. These colours are powerful as they are gender neutral and will appeal to a big group of people.


I decided not to use synergy because I think it seems cheesy, I want  every page of my magazine to seem to  like a new experience so people keep being interest and keep wanting to buy the magazine to see what new style and design ideas we have.   The only bit of synergy I decided to use was including the same shade of light blue on my cover and contents page. This blue is used in the writing of my title on the cover  it is also used twice on my contents page. I felt this was a good way of reminding people what they are reading without making the branding seem over the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment