Friday 2 May 2014

Mise en scene

 
Mise –en scene is when we look at the small details in a picture like clothing and scenery. Mise-en scene means everything in a pictures frame all the small details in a picture are important because they can tell us about class and who the person being pictured is. These details all represent something to fans.

I decided that I needed to take new photos for the redraft of my magazine. I wasn’t happy with the images in my original product because they didn’t stick to conventions as they didn’t look professional. Some images looked blurred and low quality.  My teacher also said the images looked quite feminine and my magazine is aimed at both men and women.  I wanted to create the type of magazine that Ed Sheeran and Munford and Son would appear in.  Their music is acoustic and I could not find any magazines that were just about acoustic music so I had to get ideas by looking at pictures of these bands.

 
Whenever I researched pictures of Ed Sheeran he looked very casual as he is wearing clothes. He is also posed in a playful way rather than a serious way. This gives his audience the impression he is laid back and makes us think of his music as something we can relax to.  In nearly all the photos I found of him he seems to be posed against a plain background. This bring more attention to him and makes the images appear less fake and set up.
When I was taking photos for my cover image I decided to fit in with the conventions of acoustic style  band photos by posing against a plain background, by wearing casual clothing and posing in a fun and silly way.  These things show that I have thought about mise-en scene when redrafting my product.


A real Media Picture and my picture I used



No comments:

Post a Comment